Cyrene Museum, 1835.
Right part of a white marble block, re-cut at right and at the upper left angle, possibly also at back; broken off at left and below; a dowel hole on the upper right edge and a circular hole for attachment at back (0.24; 0.19;0.08).
Inscribed on the face in five lines, symmetrically displayed along the vertical axis with varying spaces between letters.
0.02 with small serifs; large circular letters, non-slanting sigma, phi with oval loop.
Place of Origin
Probably first half of second century B.C. (lettering)
Last recorded Location
Text constituted from
Transcription from stone (CDL).
Not previously published.
(La statue de) Damatrios fils de K [---] , son frère, a été consacrée par Da [---] fils de [---] lanôr.
(The statue of) Damatrios son of K [---] , his brother, was dedicated by Da [---] son of [---] lanor.
(La statua di) Damatrios figlio di K [---] , suo fratello, fu dedicata da Da [---] figlio di [---] lanor.
Creative Commons Attributions-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
All citation, reuse or distribution of this work must contain a link back to DOI: http://doi.org/10.6092/UNIBO/IGCYRGVCYR and the filename (IGCyr000000 or GVCyr000), as well as the year of consultation.